Chief Ned Davis Jr.
I am Ned Davis Jr., the Chief of Police for the Town of Clinton Police Department. I was hired January 2013. I have 19 years of total law enforcement experience, 10 yrs. with the East Feliciana Sheriff's Department and 9 yrs. currently with Clinton Police Department. I am a native of Jackson, LA. and graduate of Jackson High School class of 1993. I am married and have 4 four beautiful children (1) daughter, (3) sons, and (1) granddaughter. I enjoy serving the public and helping others. I love working on and driving race cars, traveling across country to racing events, watching football and spending time with my family.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust , sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in worthy cause; who at best knows in the end triumph of high achievement; and at worst, if he fails, at least falls while daring greatly." ~Theodore Roosevelt
For those of you striving valiantly each day in the honorable profession that is law enforcement, Roosevelt also said, "Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
While you are working hard at police work, which is indeed work worth doing, please stay safe, stay strong, and stay positive!
I believe in an open-door policy.
Below are some of my certifications that I have obtained through my law enforcement career.
1) STATE OF LOUISIANA P.O.S.T. (POLICE OFFICER STANDARDS TRAINING)
2) STATE OF LOUISIANA HIGHWAY & DRUG ASSET FORFEITURE
3) STATE OF LOUISIANA CHEMICAL TESTING FOR INTOXICATION (DWI)
4) TASER X26 INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED
5) STATE OF LOUISIANA AND OFFICE OF STATE POLICE CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS
6) NATIONAL ACADEMY FOR PROFESSIONAL DRIVING INSTRUCTOR
7) MDTS & MEB CERTIFICATES OF COMPETENCY
8) LOUISIANA BOARD OF ETHICS
9) LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY PEACE OFFICER AND CORRECTIONS
10) STATE OF LOUISIANA FIREARMS CERTIFICATION
11) NATIONAL CRIMA AND JUSTICE SUPERVISION AND MASTERING LEADERSHIP
12) STATE OF LOUISIANA CRIMINAL LAW
13) PPCT DEFENSIVE TACTICS
14) STATE OF LOUISIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORT WRITING
15) STATE OF LOUISIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE FOR NEW ASST. CHIEFS